Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christmas Story


My Christmas cookie story. Every year I am forced into cookie swapping servitude. My work mandates full participation in their holiday cookie exchange, and despite my loud protesting every year I am sucked into the madness that is baking. I do not belong anywhere near an oven. I have been known to start fires making anything from chicken, to boiling water, to even hummus (yes I realize that hummus does not even require a heat source). Don't misunderstand, I really do love to cook, but it comes with a price. This year I decided to make my life as easy as humanly possible and find the simplest most idiot-proof cookie recipe out there.
I was assigned to make a lemon cookie.....

Lemon cookie shown in recipe

My Struggle

The Wax Paper Setting FIre

The Smoke Filled Kitchen

The Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment