Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another day in Malawi

Crazy world, crazy life. I spent the last 3 days moving and settling into my new home. I love it!!
I've never been in charge of a whole house before so I'm feeling quite domestic. Chores are a pain considering I have to walk up the hill to fetch water and once the sun is gone I have to rely on candles. I had a paraffin lamp, but then I exploded it, so I'm still getting up the courage to attempt the second one; perhaps by the time my hand heals I'll have worked up the nerve.
My list of things to do today
1. Wait for carpenter to come put new door on because I broke it as well. Katie in Malawi = Bull in China Shop
2. Meet with my gardener. It sounds fancier than it is. My landlord just doesn't trust me not to mess it up and I need a garden to survive.
3. Laundry down at the river
4. Hang up clothes line
5. De- Spider the outhouse. I had a unfortunate incident last night involving a spider the size of my hand.


Tell me what you're up to; any news from back home is big news!

No comments:

Post a Comment