Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sick Day

4/19

 Katie and I both felt terrible. We got cocky and drank the water. Managed to see the old town a bit but after just an hour had to retreat back to the room. Just in case, I decided to get a $3 malaria test (negative). Read most of the day and enjoyed listening to the calls to prayer.

Jake seriously downplayed this day. We were both utterly miserable, barely moving except to race to the toilet. The two times we ventured out of the room, we both leaned heavily on each other and hobbled along at a snails pace, which, considering how slow we already walk, was pretty impressive. I still managed, in my weakened state to purchase some lovely home goods for our new house in Tucson, Arizona!

2 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart, who can shop while she's desperately I'll. I'm glad to see that put a positive spin on it.However, I can see that I will have to trust you for the actual truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that " Jake" put a positive spin on it.

    ReplyDelete