Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fast Forward

So here's what I've been up to since my last post:
-Went to South Africa with my SMF and his family where he up and popped the question, to which I gave him a very enthusiastic "yes!"
-My cousin came to visit and we went on an incredible safari. I hope someday I'll get around to posting these pictures.
-Ran a CPR course that reached 117 nurses from 4 different hospitals
-Traveled 6 hours in a tiny fishing boat to reach one of the most remote areas of Malawi to celebrate Christmas.
-Officially opened the ICU. The nurses absolutely rock now!
-My youth center has been trained, vetted, renovated, and stocked. They should open any day now. Pictures to come.
-Several amazing bridal showers with Leace Corps friends and Malawian friends.
-Planned a wedding from Africa, which I'm pretty proud of
-Was accepted into a Doctorate of Nursing program!
-Said a bittersweet farewell to Malawi, and Jake and I left for good for our 6 week vacation on April 12th

So, it's been quite a busy 8 months. Jake and I are taking the long way home. The next several entries will follow us around the globe, told from both our perspectives. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are posting again. You have accomplished amazing things,

    ReplyDelete